Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Summer Body Challenge Update #1 and a yummy recipe!

Hello all,
I had my first weigh in for my summer body challenge last night, I lost 3 pounds so far!! yayy. That is a good start for me especially because I only worked out 2 days last week. I am planning to make it down to my local YMCA to join the gym there (since Bally's is awful and closed without telling anyone!) so that I can get more workouts in this week.


And here is a new recipe I tried this week, for Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bars
I took this recipe from a few different protein bar recipes I found online (I forgot to take pics of the finished product, sorry!)
Ingredients:
2 cups oven roasted oats
1 cup unsweetened almond butter (I used the crunchy kind)
1/2 cup agave
1 cup chocolate flavored whey protein (I got mine from trader Joe's)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 egg whites

1.  preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. mix all ingredients together in large bowl
3. spread mix evenly in round or square cake pan
4. bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min
should make 10 bars, so cut 10 even pieces
Easy right? :) And they are delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment