Friday, April 22, 2011

New blog, Life as a PhD student/jewelry designer

Hello blogging world, this is my new blog! So for this first post I will give a little insight into my world. By day, I work in a lab (not sure if "work" is really the right word for the activities of being a grad student, but we can get into that later!), once I leave lab (usually 6 or 7 PM on a good day) I go home to my highly organized, high tech jewelry design studio (OK it's really my living room that is normally in a bit of disarray).
In lab I do research on cancer biology, trying to do my part to make advances in cancer treatment hopefully after I finish my PhD I will make some larger contributions to the field....but after a crazy day at lab, I found that I needed something to take my mind off science, this is where jewelry came into play. It is my creative outlet, and now with opening my etsy shop and growing my small business it has kind of become my "night job". So there it is, my life.
On my blog I will give insights into both of my worlds, with some other fun things mixed in, hopefully provide some entertainment to my readers, and tomorrow I will be starting a summer body challenge so I will do a weekly update on the challenge with a healthy yummy recipe included, I guess this will be a big mix of things! :)

My kitty (very big kitty) 50 Cent

A small part of my "studio"

3 comments:

  1. You're a busy girl but I'm sure 50 cent is a big help.

    Now, get busy. You don't have a big enough mess in your work area! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing thing you do! Cancer research is so important. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely studio! Thats how mine would look if my husband hadn't so kindly given me the spare bedroom. Really he did it cause he doesn't want to look at my mess!

    ReplyDelete